Sunday, February 17, 2013

John Wesley O'Dell and Mary A Yates

My son and I have been working on a surname that came to our attention thanks to help from a man named David Osborne.  For many years I had a G G Grandmother identified only as "Jane ________".  By sharing info and thoughts, we were able to identify her as Elizabeth Jane O'Dell, daughter of John Wesley O'Dell and Mary A (Polly) Yates!

Here is what I've found out about Jane so far:

BIRTH - Elizabeth Jane O'Dell - born abt 1848/1849 in Fayette County, Virginia

MARRIAGE -Benjamin Franklin Nunley on 18 Nov 1866 in Lawrence County Kentucky

CHILDREN -
Mary Adeline (Elizabeth) Nunley b. 1867
America Easter Nunley b. 1869
John Nunley b. 1872
Charles A Nunley b. 1872
George W. Nunley b. 1874
Isabell Nunley b. 1879
Ella Nunley (my Great Grandmother) b. 1882
Doliver Nunley 1884/1885

DEATH - ELIZABETH NUNLEY, MARRIED, DIED APR 20 1886 WAYNE COUNTY W VA, CONSUMPTION, PARENTS JOHN AND POLLY O'DELL

I do have more info on some of the children and some of Elizabeth's ancestors, but I'm always hoping to find out more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment